The ‘humble’ baked potato is always a star of the dinner table, whether you make it in the oven or the barbecue. If you would like to dress it up a bit, then these stuffed twice-baked potatoes make a fantastic starter or side!
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7.
- Scrub the potatoes thoroughly under running water and pat them dry.
- Rub the potatoes all over with a little olive oil. Generously sprinkle the potatoes on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Prick the potatoes in a few places with the tines of a fork, or run the tip of a sharp knife around the perimeter ensure even cooking.
- Bake the potatoes directly on the oven rack for 50-60 minutes, flipping them over halfway through. Check for doneness by piercing them with a fork; the potatoes are done when the skins are dry and the insides feel completely soft when pierced.
To cut down the baking time, microwave the potatoes for 5-6 minutes before baking. Make sure the skins have been pierced first to avoid explosions!
You have to be signed in to comment this post.