Sautéed potatoes are a lovely addition to any meal. If you fancy something more adventurous, then these sautéed potatoes with chorizo, rosemary and onions may just hit the spot!
- Scrub small, waxy potatoes clean. Place in a pan of well-salted cold water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes (depending on size) until just barely tender. Drain very well, then return to the hot pan to steam dry for 30-45 seconds.
- When cool enough to handle, slice the potatoes ½cm thick. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the potatoes in a single layer — it might be necessary to work in batches. Season and leave to cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Use a pair of tongs to flip them over and cook on the other side.
- When all of the potato slices have been sautéed, return them all to the pan. Add 1 crushed garlic clove and a large knob of butter and toss to coat the potatoes in the butter as it melts.
- Drain briefly on kitchen paper, then scatter with your favourite fresh herbs and serve immediately while hot.
Cube the potatoes instead of slicing, then brown on all slides.
You have to be signed in to comment this post.