2 large Rooster potatoes
4 streaky bacon rashers, chopped and cooked until crispy
4 tbsp sour cream
2 spring onions, chopped
50g cheddar cheese, grated, plus extra to top
Salt and black pepper
- Bake the potatoes according to these instructions.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half. Carefully use a spoon to scoop out the flesh of the potatoes, leaving about ½cm of flesh inside to hold the shells together.
- Turn the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Place the flesh into a large bowl and combine with the butter, bacon, sour cream, spring onions, Cheddar and some salt and pepper.
- Fill the potato skins with the filling and place on a baking tray. Top with a little extra grated Cheddar.
- Return the potatoes to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until they are heated through and the cheese has melted.
Per serving: 352kcals, 20.5g fat (11.6g saturated), 30.6g carbs (2.4g sugars), 12.3g protein, 4.6g fibre, 0.497g sodium
TEST KITCHEN TIP
These can be made in advance, stuffed and placed in the fridge on trays until you are ready to bake for a second time and serve.