- Allow 1 x 1.4kg whole chicken to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Halve 1 lemon and 1 onion and push inside the cavity of the chicken. Rub olive oil over the skin and season inside and out.
- Place in a roasting tin and roast for 1 hour 20 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked and the juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced with a skewer. Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest until cool enough to carve.
How to: roast a chicken
- 0 COMMENTS
COMMENTSLEAVE A COMMENT
More for you
- March week 5 meal plan
- March week 4 meal plan
- 5 deliciously decadent dark chocolate recipes
- 5 Irish boozy bakes
- 5 recipes which make the most of low-carb alternatives
- March week 3 meal plan
- 6 recipes for Indian fakeaway favourites
- Budget-friendly recipes from around the world
- Worldly ingredients that are cheaper than you think
- March week 2 meal plan
You have to be signed in to comment this post.