- Thread heavy string through the eye of a needle, making sure to tie a knot at the end.
- String popped, cooled popcorn onto the string, pushing the needle directly through the roundest part of the kernel. Continue threading until the string is filled.
- Tie a knot at the end to secure the popcorn. Drape loosely on the tree.
Top Tip: You can use packaged popcorn or pop your own; if you choose to pop your own popcorn, leave it to cool completely. Fresh popcorn can break easily, so leave it to sit out in a bowl for a day before threading.
Sugared cranberry garland
- Combine fresh cranberries with white craft glue in a large resealable plastic bag until each berry is well coated.
- Sprinkle over a generous amount of granulated sugar and toss the cranberries a second time to coat.
- Shake out onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper to dry for a few hours.
- Thread string through a needle and carefully thread the cranberries on one at a time until the garland is filled. Tie a knot at the end of the string, then drape the garland over your tree.