4 large bananas
8 popsicle sticks
350g dark chocolate
3½ tbsp coconut oil
200g toppings of choice (chopped nuts, toasted coconut or sprinkles)
- Cut the bananas in half widthways and push a popsicle stick into the cut end of each half.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, place the bananas on top and place in the freezer for about one hour until the bananas are frozen solid.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium power, removing to stir every 30 seconds, just until all the chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Place the toppings into bowls.
- When the bananas are frozen, dip them into the cooled chocolate and coat on all sides. Let any excess chocolate drip off.
- Dip into the toppings to coat.
- Place each coated banana back onto the parchment-covered baking tray. Return to the freezer immediately once all the bananas have been coated.
- Once frozen, transfer the bananas to a sealable bag and store in the freezer.
Per Serving 388kcals, 25.6g fat (13.2g saturated), 37.5g carbs (24.6g sugars), 6g protein, 3.8g fibre, 0.082g sodium