This foolproof method means you’ll never need to buy jarred red peppers again!
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/210°C fan/gas mark 8 and place a rack in the upper half of the oven. Line a baking tray with tin foil.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the stems, seeds and membranes. Lay the peppers on the prepared baking tray, cut-side down.
- Roast the red peppers for 15-20 minutes or until the skins are very dark and have collapsed; there is no need to turn the peppers. Once blackened, remove the peppers from the oven.
- Allow to cool for five minutes or until you can handle them. Gently peel the skins off and discard them.
- Use the peppers immediately or store for later. To refrigerate, place the peppers in a glass container, cover with extra-virgin olive oil and store in the fridge for up to two weeks. To freeze, place the peppers in sealable freezer bags and freeze for up to three months.