Discover the best way to lay out your fridge with this easy guide.
- TOP SHELF: Cheese, butter, yoghurt, herbs, ready-to-eat foods, berries
- MIDDLE SHELF: Cooked food, leftovers, deli meats
- BOTTOM SHELF: Milk cartons, raw meat, raw fish, raw seafood
Top tip: If you don’t have containers handy, wrap raw meat or fish in cling film and place it on a plate to catch any wayward drips.
- CRISPER DRAWER(S): Vegetables and fruit, stored separately if possible
- DOOR: Juice, water, other drinks, condiments
Top tip: Always allow food to cool to room temperature before you put it in the fridge.
These foods are better stored out of the fridge: