Master the art of the perfectly boiled egg – however you like yours!
How to make the perfect boiled eggs:
- Place the egg(s) in a saucepan and cover with water by about 3cm. Place over a high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook the eggs to your liking using the timings listed below, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- If you’re eating the egg immediately, run
it under cold water until just cool enough to handle, then slice off the top or peel off the shell. If you’re keeping it for later, place it in a bowl of iced water to cool completely, then refrigerate until needed.
Time it right:
For large eggs:
- 4 minutes: soft-boiled
- 5 minutes: slightly soft-boiled
- 6 minutes: custardy-yet-firm soft-boiled l
- 7 minutes: creamy hard-boiled
- 8 minutes: firm-yet-creamy hard-boiled
- 9 minutes: very firm hard-boiled