Have you ever wanted to make pinterest-worthy Halloween treats, but lacked the skill or capability? Well then these are the recipes for you! Each of these spooky snacks are incredibly easy to make and only require 5 ingredients or less.
Why not give them a whirl and impress your little gremlins this festive season.
Them bones, them bones
Makes about 12
125g butter, at room temperature
50g caster sugar
125g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C/140˚C fan/ gas mark 3. Line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until smooth. Sift in the flour and cornflour and mix until it forms a dough. Tip the dough onto a floured work surface and knead lightly.
- Roll out the dough, cut out the bone shapes and place on the prepared trays. Chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Bake the biscuits for 15-20 minutes or until they are a light golden colour. Leave to set on the tray for five minutes, then transfer to a wire reck to cool completely.
- Spread a thin layer of jam on one side of the biscuits and sandwich them together. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Per Serving 166kcals, 8.7g fat (5.4g saturated), 21.1g carbs (8.3g sugars), 1.5g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.63g sodium
400g white chocolate, melted
Red and yellow food colouring
Green mini Smarties
- Stir 1-2 drops of red and yellow food colouring into the melted white chocolate to turn it orange.
- Coat the pretzels in the orange chocolate and stick a green mini Smartie at the top of each one to be the stalk.
- Place on parchment paper to dry.
Per Serving: 69kcals, 2.4g fat (1.3g saturated), 10.7g carbs, 4.2g sugars, 1.3g protein, 0.3g fibre, 0.119g sodium
3 bananas, peeled
300g chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
12 candy eyeballs (available at craft and party-supply stores)
- Cut the bananas in half crosswise and insert a skewer into each half. Freeze the bananas for about one hour, until firm.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until it’s all melted.
- Dip the bananas in the chocolate. Press two candy eyeballs into each one and allow them to set for five minutes.
- Place the marshmallows in a bowl and microwave them for 30 seconds until puffed. Stir until smooth and allow them to cool slightly.
- Using a fork, scoop up some of the marshmallow (it will stretch into a thread) and wrap it around each banana.
- Put the mummies on a plate lined with parchment paper and freeze until ready to eat.
Per Serving 235kcals, 8.5g fat (5.9g saturated), 38.3g carbs, 26.8g sugars, 2.8g protein, 2.5g fibre, 0.029g sodium
You have to be signed in to comment this post.