Learn how to make quick and easy pickled red onions
- Pour 300ml red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar into a pan and add 3 tbsp golden caster sugar, 1 tbsp sea salt and a few black peppercorns.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Place 3-4 sliced onions in a container and pour over the hot liquid.
- Allow to cool, then place in fridge to chill and leave to pickle for at least two hours before use.
- Serve with curries, salads, tacos or sandwiches.