- Pour 300ml red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar into a pan and add 3 tbsp golden caster sugar, 1 tbsp sea salt and a few black peppercorns.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Place 3-4 sliced onions in a container and pour over the hot liquid.
- Allow to cool, then place in fridge to chill and leave to pickle for at least two hours before use.
- Serve with curries, salads, tacos or sandwiches.
Learn how to make quick and easy pickled red onions
- 0 COMMENTS
COMMENTSLEAVE A COMMENT
More for you
- March week 5 meal plan
- March week 4 meal plan
- 5 deliciously decadent dark chocolate recipes
- 5 Irish boozy bakes
- 5 recipes which make the most of low-carb alternatives
- March week 3 meal plan
- 6 recipes for Indian fakeaway favourites
- Budget-friendly recipes from around the world
- Worldly ingredients that are cheaper than you think
- March week 2 meal plan
You have to be signed in to comment this post.