Homemade beef burger patties made with YR Brown Sauce for great depth of flavour, cooked on the barbecue until nicely charred. Served in brioche buns with YR Original Tomato Relish, sautéed onions, peppery rocket and aged Cheddar.
For the sautéed onions:
Knob of butter
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 onions, sliced
Salt and black pepper
For the burgers:
½ a medium onion
500g beef mince
2 tbsp YR Brown Sauce
½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tbsp Dijon mustard
Vegetable oil, for the barbecue grates
8 slices of mature white Cheddar
4 brioche buns, split
4 tsp mayonnaise
YR Original Tomato Relish
4 handfuls of rocket
- First, make the sautéed onions. Melt the butter with the rapeseed oil in a pan over a medium heat and add the onions. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes until browned and softened, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- For the burgers, grate the onion and squeeze out any liquid. Place the onion in a large bowl and add the beef mince, YR Brown Sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and some salt and pepper. Mix together until just combined.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions and form into 1cm-thick patties. Use your thumb to press an indentation into the centre of each one.
- Brush the barbecue grates with a little vegetable oil. Cook the burgers on the barbecue over a high heat for two minutes on each side until nicely charred, then move them to indirect heat and cook for another five minutes per side or until completely cooked throughout. Add two slices of Cheddar to each burger and allow to melt.
- Lightly toast the cut sides of the brioche buns. Spread the top buns with a little mayonnaise. Add a generous dollop of YR Tomato Relish to the bottom buns, and and top with the sautéed onions and some rocket.
- Place the cheesy burgers over the rocket and add the top buns. Enjoy immediately with plenty of napkins!
Per serving 603kcals, 29.1g fat (11.1g saturated), 48.2g carbs (11.2g sugars), 35.4g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.708g sodium
To learn all about how to host the perfect barbecue with YR sauces… click here.
Recipes and tips brought to you by