2 tbsp olive oil
½ an onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried basil
850ml chicken stock
4 salmon fillets
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Juice of ½ a lemon
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion for 4-5 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the orzo and stir for one minute. Stir in the tomatoes, dried herbs and chicken stock.
- Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook gently for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the peas.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Use a spoon to make four indentations in the orzo and place the salmon fillets snugly inside.
- Cover the pan and simmer for another 10-12 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and the pasta is al dente.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and squeeze over some lemon juice.
Per serving: 607kcals, 20.6g fat (2.8g saturated), 62.4g carbs, 6.7g sugars, 45.1g protein, 8.4g fibre, 0.824g sodium