For the Caesar dressing:
2 garlic cloves, peeled
60g Parmesan, grated
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
60ml olive oil
Salt and black pepper
For the salad:
100g wholemeal fusilli
1 tbsp olive oil
100g bacon lardons
150g cooked chicken, shredded
150g romaine lettuce, shredded
40g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- In a food processor, combine the garlic cloves, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice, mustard, anchovies and Worcestershire sauce. Whizz until smooth.
- With the machine running, slowly stream in the olive oil. Let the processor run for another 10-15 seconds. Taste and season with black pepper and some salt, if needed.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil over a high heat and cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the bacon lardons for 4-5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, bacon, chicken, croutons, lettuce and Parmesan. Add half of the dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve the salad topped with some extra Parmesan, some cracked black pepper and a drizzle of extra dressing if desired.
Per Serving: 942kcals, 48.1g fat (14.2g saturated), 74.5g carbs (1.8g sugars), 55.2g protein, 8.8g fibre, 1.61g sodium