Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the marinade:
For the Caesar dressing:
For the sandwiches:
- In a jug, combine the ingredients for the marinade. Transfer to a sealable bag and add the flank steak. Close the bag, squeezing out all of the air, and use your hands to work the marinade all around to coat every piece of steak. Set aside to marinate for one hour.
- In a blender, whizz together the ingredients for the Caesar dressing. Taste and season, then whizz in a splash of water to loosen.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, then sprinkle evenly with the grated Parmesan. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese melts into one golden layer. Set aside to cool.
- Place a large pan over a high heat until very hot, then add the olive oil. Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry with kitchen paper. Season with salt and black pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes per side for medium-rare, or to your liking. Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest, leaving the juices in the pan.
- Toast the ciabattas in the same pan over a medium-high heat.Transfer to a serving platter and spread with some of the dressing. Top each with a handful of mixed leaves.
- Slice the steak, then place on top of the ciabatta bottoms. Break up the Parmesan crisp and scatter the pieces over the top. Drizzle over the remaining Caesar dressing and sandwich together to serve.
Per Serving: 557kcals, 31.3g fat (9.4g saturated), 22.2g carbs (1.9g sugars), 44.9g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.739g sodium
Popular in Beef
Steak salad, air fryer crispy potatoes and zingy coriander oil