For the beef:
600g sirloin steak
4 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
2 tsp cumin
Salt and black pepper
For the salad:
300g uncooked couscous
1 large cucumber, chopped
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
100g Feta, crumbled
4 tsp fresh mint, chopped
4 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
For the skewers:
2 red onions, chopped
2 peppers, any colour, deseeded and chopped
- In a bowl, combine the beef with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cumin and some salt and pepper. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 2-4 hours.
- Cook the couscous according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, toss the couscous together with the cucumber, Feta, cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs. Season to taste and set aside to let the flavours combine.
- Thread the marinated beef onto the skewers, alternating the pieces of beef with chunks of red onion and pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat and cook the skewers for 2-3 minutes per side until browned all over, working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan.
- Divide between serving bowls and add the sliced avocado on top. Top with the beef skewers and serve.
Per Serving 801kcals, 32.7g fat (10.6g saturated), 66.4g carbs (6.5g sugars), 60.2g protein, 10g fibre, 0.437g sodium
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using.
MAKE IT YOURS
To make this gluten-free, use quinoa instead of couscous.