Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Combine the beef mince, mustard and ketchup in a large mixing bowl with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Mix until well combined, then shape into eight equal patties. Season each pattie with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat until very hot.
- Working in batches, place the patties on the hot pan and use a spatula to immediately press down, smashing them to a shape slightly larger than the bun (they will shrink as they cook). Cook for 3-4 minutes until browned and crisp around the edges, then flip and immediately add the cheese.
- Add a bit of water to the pan and cover with a lid; this helps create steam for the cheese to melt. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm while you repeat with the remaining burgers.
- While the burgers are cooking, whisk the mayonnaise, hot sauce and ketchup. Spread onto each side of the burger buns (can’t be too saucy, as we say!).
- Layer the lettuce onto the bottom bun, then top with two burger patties. Layer on some tomato, onion and pickles to serve.
Per serving: 893k cals, 44.5g fat (17g saturated), 46.1g carbs (11.6g sugars), 73.8g protein, 0.3g fibre, 1.375g sodium
BeefDinnerPicnic30-minute mealsAmericanSpecial OccasionsCuisinesBarbecueQuick and easyBudget mealsComfort food
Popular in Beef
Meatball chilli con carne