2 aubergines, sliced into thin rounds
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
150g crème fraîche
50g Parmesan, grated
4 flatbreads or naan breads
2 tbsp pine nuts
½ a small red onion, finely chopped
4 tbsp fresh basil pesto
Handful of rocket
- Brush both sides of each aubergine slice with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with a little oregano.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat and cook the aubergine slices for 2-3 minutes per side until charred and soft.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C/gas mark 7. Mix the crème fraîche with two tablespoons of the Parmesan and some salt and pepper. Spread over the flatbreads.
- Arrange the aubergine slices on top and scatter with the pine nuts, red onion and the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for around 10 minutes or until crisp and bubbling. Spoon over some pesto and top with each flatbread with a handful of rocket.
Per serving: 476kcals, 24.6g fat (8.9g saturated), 53.5g carbs (12.1g sugars), 14.9g protein, 11.4g fibre, 0.754g sodium
Need more aubergines in your life? Check out our spicy Chinese aubergines here.