Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the dressing:
For the crispy noodles:
For the salad:
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in a blender or food processor and whizz until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the cucumber slices in a colander and sprinkle lightly with salt. Set aside in the sink to drain for about 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Pat the tofu dry with kitchen paper and cook for about 10 minutes until lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Pour vegetable oil into a medium-sized saucepan to a depth of 5cm and heat over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. When hot, drop the rice noodles in a few at a time. They will puff up immediately. Quickly flip the noodles over using tongs, then remove to a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain. Repeat with the remaining noodles.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, carrots, spring onions, pepper, chilli and coriander. Drizzle over the dressing over and toss to coat. Top with the stir-fried tofu, the crispy noodles and some crushed peanuts, if desired.
Note: Maple syrup can be used as an alternative to Honey, if you wish.
Per serving: 475kcals, 33.5g fat (5.9g saturated), 34.7g carbs, 12.9g sugars, 14.8g protein, 6g fibre, 0.473g sodium