Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, tomato, pepper and jalapeño and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the garlic, chilli powder and cumin and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in the beans, rice, stock, the coriander stalks and half of the cheese. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir to combine together, then cover the pan with tin foil and cook over a medium-high heat for 15 minutes or until all the stock has been absorbed by the rice, stirring every few minutes.
- Turn the grill on to a high heat. Remove the tin foil and sprinkle the rice mixture with the remaining cheese. Place the pan under the grill for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
- Allow to rest for five minutes, then top with the chopped coriander leaves and serve in bowls.
Yellow pepper can be used as an alternative to red pepper, if you wish.
Black beans can be used as an alternative to kidney beans, if you wish.
Vegetable stock can be used as an alternative to chicken stock, if you wish.
Per serving: 500kcals, 7g fat (2.3g saturated), 81.1g carbs, 3.7g sugars, 29.3g protein, 12.6g fibre, 0.584g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
To make this suitable for children, simply omit the jalapeño and use mild chilli powder.
Popular in Meat-free
Veggie taco dog