For the salad:
60ml olive or rapeseed oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
Juice of ½ a lemon
Salt and black pepper
1 small head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
3 shallots, finely sliced
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
For the turkey:
Olive or rapeseed oil, for greasing
4 x turkey breast steaks
50ml chicken stock
70g butter, melted
4 garlic cloves, crushed
50g Parmesan, grated
Pinch of cayenne pepper
4 tbsp fresh basil pesto
4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive or rapeseed oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and some salt and black pepper. Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss to combine well. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5 and grease a large baking dish with olive oil.
- Place the turkey steaks in the prepared baking dish in a single layer and season generously. Pour the chicken stock around the steaks until it comes about halfway up the sides of the steaks. Cover the dish with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, breadcrumbs, cayenne and some black pepper.
- Remove from the oven and discard the tin foil. Spread each steak with pesto and layer the sliced tomatoes over the top of each. Top each with a quarter of the breadcrumb mixture. Return to the oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes longer or until the breadcrumbs are crisp and golden and the turkey is completely cooked.
- Serve the turkey with the broccoli salad.
Per serving: 679kcals, 42.1g fat (14.9g saturated), 39.6g carbs (11.9g sugars), 37.9g protein, 5.3g fibre, 2.124g sodium