Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Season the skin of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken, skin side down, pressing it down with a spatula so the skin gets nicely browned, approximately 5–8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. You can do this in batches if your pan is not big enough.
- In a large, deep lasagne-style ovenproof dish, add the leeks, potatoes and stock. Cover with the seared chicken, skin-side up, and cook for 25 minutes, until the chicken, potatoes and leeks are cooked through. Add the peas five minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with rice, pasta or mash.
Per serving: 547kcals, 21.3g fat (6.2g saturated), 33.4g carbs (6.2g sugars), 52.8g protein, 7g fibre, 0.599g sodium
ChickenGluten-freeDairy-freeDinnerFreezer-friendlyDiabetic-friendlyHigh-proteinFamily mealsBudget meals
Popular in Chicken
Chicken taco pizzas