500g pack turkey mince
1 heaped tbsp harissa
Small bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
½ a red onion, grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
Salt and black pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
3 carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 tsp ground cumin
4 large wholemeal pitta breads, lightly toasted and cut open
4 tbsp hummus
Red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. In a large bowl, combine the turkey mince, harissa, coriander, grated onion, garlic and some seasoning. Shape into 8-10 small burger patties.
- Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and brown the turkey burgers on both sides, working in batches to avoid crowding the pan.
- Transfer the burgers to a baking tray and place in the oven for another 8-10 minutes or until cooked throughout, turning halfway.
- Wipe out the pan with a ball of kitchen paper, add the remaining oil and return to a medium heat. Add the carrots, cumin and some salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes until just tender.
- Spread the insides of the pittas with hummus, then stuff with the turkey burgers, carrots and some sliced cucumber and red onion. Serve with mixed leaves.
Per serving: 558kcals, 27.2g fat (4.2g saturated), 39.2g carbs (6.1g sugars), 42.5g protein, 6.7g fibre, 0.306g sodium