- First, make the caramelised onions. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat and add the onions. Cook for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and some salt and black pepper. Cook for three minutes, stirring.
- Pour in the Guinness and turn the heat to low. Add the bay leaf. Cook very gently for 30-40 minutes until the Guinness has evaporated and the onions are very soft and sticky, stirring often. Set aside.
- For the burgers, grate the onion and squeeze out any liquid. Place in a large bowl and add the turkey, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard and some salt and pepper. Mix together until just combined.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions and form into 1cm-thick patties. Use your thumb to press an indentation into the centre of each one.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the turkey burgers for 5-6 minutes per side until completely cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, turn the grill on to a high heat. Lightly toast the cut sides of the burger buns. Remove to a board and layer the top buns with Brie, then place back under the grill until melted. Spread the bottom buns with a little mayo and top generously with the Guinness caramelised onions and some mixed leaves.
- Place the turkey burgers over the onions and carefully add the cheesy top buns. Enjoy immediately with plenty of napkins.
Per Serving: 586k cals, 25.9g fat (8.6g saturated), 47.1g carbs (13.2g sugars), 33.8g protein, 7.2g fibre, 0.673g sodium
Popular in Picnic