Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium-low heat and gently cook the onions and garlic for 8-10 minutes until soft and golden brown.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and cook on low until the mixture has reduced and thickened. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside and allow to cool.
- Brush a tart tin with butter and dust with flour to prevent sticking, shaking out any excess flour.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ̊C/150 ̊C fan/gas mark 3.
- Roll out the pastry and cut a large circle. Place into the tin, pressing into the corners with your fingertips. Prick all over with a fork.
- Add a sheet of greaseproof paper and baking beans on top and blind bake for 8-10 minutes until the pastry has set, but not coloured.
- Remove the paper and beans. Brush the pastry with egg wash and return to the oven for a further five minutes.
- Spread over the tomato mixture and crumble over half of the goat’s cheese.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes over the top of the tart. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for a further 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Top with the remaining goat’s cheese, some dollops of pesto and a handful of torn basil leaves.
Per Serving: 687kcals, 46g fat (13.2g saturated), 48.4g carbs (3.7g sugars), 23.1g protein, 3.9g fibre, 0.363g sodium
Make it yours: Add a sprinkling of poppy seeds over the pastry after the egg wash to add an extra nutty note.