1 tbsp olive oil
80g chorizo, chopped
2 chicken fillets, chopped into bitesized pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp tomato purée
300g paella rice
750ml chicken stock
Salt and black pepper
100g frozen peas
200g cooked prawns
Juice of ½ a lemon
Small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or paella pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked throughout. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Keeping the oil and chorizo fat in the pan, add the onion and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the garlic, paprika and tomato purée and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the paella rice and cook for 1-2 minutes, still stirring.
- Pour in the stock and add a pinch of salt and a generous amount of black pepper. Cook over a medium-high heat for 15 minutes or until the stock has been absorbed, stirring regularly and adding a splash of water if needed.
- Stir in the peas and prawns and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice, stir in the parsley and serve immediately.
Per serving: 632kcals, 18.4g fat (5.4g saturated), 71.2g carbs (5.7g sugars), 43.4g protein, 4g fibre, 1.09g sodium
To make it more of an occasion, why not pair this with our summer fruit sangria?