Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sweet potato wedges:
- Combine the mince and onion in a large mixing bowl. Season generously with salt and black pepper. Mix lightly with clean hands to combine; you don’t want to overwork the mixture here!
- Divide the mixture into four equal rounds, then shape very gently into patties. Use your thumb to press an indentation into the centre of each patty; this helps them to cook evenly.
- Transfer the burgers to a tray, cover with cling film and place in the fridge to chill for one hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Toss the sweet potato wedges on a large baking tray with the cumin, salt, pepper and oil. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until cooked through.
- Remove the burgers and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Cook the burgers on a grill pan or barbecue for about seven minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- In the last minute of cooking, place a slice of cheese on top of each burger and lightly toast the buns. Serve with ketchup, mustard, iceberg lettuce, tomato slices and pickles.
Per Serving 518kcals, 17.3g fat (6.2g saturated), 61g carbs (5.7g sugars), 30.2g protein, 7.2g fibre, 0.425g sodium
Recipe courtesy of LIDL Ireland – why not check out this Chilli con carne from Lidl too?
Popular in Beef
Steak with greens & celeriac mash