1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp paprika
1½ tsp cumin
Pinch of chilli flakes
1 x 380g pack of Inisvale Irish Organic Beef Steak Mince
½ x 400g tin of Freshona chopped tomatoes
Small tortilla wraps or crunchy taco shells
Red cheddar, grated
Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the onion and red pepper. Season with salt and black pepper and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the garlic, paprika, cumin and chilli flakes. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the beef mince and cook for about five minutes, breaking up any large pieces wih a wooden spoon, until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- If using soft tortillas, warm them in a dry pan over a medium heat. Fill the tortillas with the beef and finish with any desired toppings.
Per Serving 483kcals, 19.7g fat (5.2g saturated), 49.7g carbs (1.9g sugars), 26.5g protein, 4.2g fibre, 0.05g sodium