2 tbsp olive oil
2 x 12-packs of Inisvale Irish Beef Meatballs
Salt and black pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tbsp dried mixed herbs
1 tbsp tomato purée
A splash of red wine (about 50ml)
2 x 400g tins of Freshona Chopped Tomatoes
1 x 500g pack of Baresa Spaghetti
1 small handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Heat the oil a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, turning with tongs to brown on all sides (do this in batches if needed). Transfer the browned meatballs to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Drain all but one tablespoon of fat from the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion. Cook for 5-6 minutes until browned. Add the garlic and dried herbs and cook for one minute.
- Increase the heat and stir in the tomato purée to coat. Add the wine and simmer until it has nearly evaporated, stirring the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and return the meatballs to the pan. Cover with a lid and leave to simmer over a medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Stir the basil into the sauce. Drain the spaghetti, add it to the pan and toss until coated. Serve hot with grated Parmesan and garlic bread.
Per Serving 479kcals, 12.1g fat (2.9g saturated), 54.1g carbs (4.7g sugars), 36.3g protein, 2.3g fibre, 0.086g sodium