700g Oaklands potatoes, peeled and cut into even chunks
50g butter, plus extra melted butter for brushing
2 tbsp oil
2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
Sea salt and black pepper
2 x 380g packs of Inisvale Irish Organic Beef Steak Mince
1 tbsp tomato purée
500ml beef stock
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
40g Freshona Petit Pois
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Add the potatoes to a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Drain, then leave to steam dry in the pot for 2-3 minutes. Add the milk and butter and mash until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat and add the carrot and onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 6-8 minutes until softened.
- Add the mince and season again. Cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until completely browned.
- Stir in the tomato purée. Add the beef stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes until the liquid has reduced.
- Stir in the parsley and petit pois and season with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer everything into a baking dish. Top with the mashed potato and use a fork to make ridges in the top. Brush over the extra melted butter and sprinkle over some salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden-brown and the edges are bubbling.
Per Serving 446kcals, 19.7g fat (8.1g saturated), 24.8g carbs (5g sugars), 41.1g protein, 4.2g fibre, 0.440g sodium