Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat half a tablespoon of oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the sweet potato chunks for 8-10 minutes or until just tender.
- Add another tablespoon of oil and the rice. Cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes, black beans, sweetcorn, garlic, chili powder, cumin and vegetable stock, stirring to combine. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the lid and stir in the lime juice. Top with the grated Cheddar, then cover for 1-2 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Top the burrito bowl with sour cream, chopped coriander and some guacamole, if desired.
Note: Kidney beans can be used as an alternative to black beans, if you wish.
788kcals, 25.6g fat (4.7g saturated), 110g carbs, 15.1g sugars, 36.5g protein, 22.4g fibre, 0.364g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
Cut some calories by omitting the Cheddar and sour cream. Make it a meaty meal by adding some leftover chicken towards the end. If you don’t like sweet potatoes, simply substitute a cubed regular potato instead, microwaving it for two minutes before adding it to the pan. If you double the recipe, the leftovers can be used to fill wraps for your next two lunches.