Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a standard 900g loaf tin and line with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and golden granulated sugar in a mixing bowl for three minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Stir in the flour with a spatula until the mixture is just combined.
- Spread one-third of the batter into the tin, then scatter over one-third of the strawberries.
- Carefully dot and spread half of the remaining batter on top, and scatter with half of the remaining strawberries.
- Dot the rest of the batter over and spread with the back of a spoon. Bake for one hour, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Poke the cake all over with a skewer. Combine the remaining strawberries with the granulated sugar in a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then mash roughly with the back of a fork. Stir in the orange juice.
- Spoon the mixture over the cake and leave to set and cool in the tin.
- Remove from the tin and top with whipped cream and fresh strawberries to serve.
328kcals, 15.4g fat (9.3g saturated), 43.8g carbs, 24.3g sugars, 4g protein, 1g fibre, 0.114g sodium
This recipe is sponsored by Siúcra.
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux