1 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
½ tsp paprika
1 tbsp olive oil
2 x sirloin steaks
150ml beef stock
150ml sour cream
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Tagliatelle or mashed potato
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Turn the heat to medium-high, add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper, add the paprika and garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer. Transfer everything to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in the same pan over a high heat. Cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest.
- Return the mushroom mixture to the same pan over a high heat. Add the beef stock and allow everything to bubble until the liquid has reduced by about two-thirds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream, parsley and some salt and pepper. Serve the steaks with the stroganoff sauce and some tagliatelle or mashed potato.
Per serving: 482kcals, 33.3g fat (15.6g saturated), 10.9g carbs (2.7g sugars), 35.8g protein, 3.1g fibre, 0.411g sodium