Lightly spiced chicken fillets, cooked on the barbecue and then served over a tossed salad of mixed leaves, charred sweetcorn, chopped avocado and a lime dressing, scattered with fresh coriander and served in tortilla wrap bowls. Serve with a generous dollop of YR Habanero Spicy Relish.
For the tortilla bowls:
4 large tortilla wraps
For the chicken:
3 chicken fillets
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp taco or fajita spice mix
1 bay leaf
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp dried oregano
Juice of ½ a lemon
Salt and black pepper
Vegetable oil, for the barbecue grates
For the salad:
2 corn on the cob
1 butterhead lettuce, washed and chopped
2 avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
1 small red onion, finely chopped
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
4 tbsp YR Habanero Spicy Relish
For the dressing:
4 tbsp lime juice
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- To make the tortilla bowls, preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7. Soften the tortillas in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until soft and pliable.
- Lightly spray the tortillas with cooking spray on both sides. Form each tortilla into a loose bowl shape and tuck between cups of an upside down muffin tin, pressing down in the middle of each one so that it will have a flat base. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crispy all over. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Place the chicken fillets between two sheets of cling film. Use a rolling pin to pound them until even in thickness at both ends.
- In a shallow, non-metallic bowl or sealable bag, combine the olive oil, taco spice, bay leaf, garlic, oregano, lemon juice and some salt and black pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover with cling film or carefully seal the bag, then refrigerate for at least one hour, or up to four.
- Preheat the barbecue and brush the grates lightly with vegetable oil. Add the corn on the cob and cook for 10 minutes or until nicely charred all over, turning regularly. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the chicken fillets from the marinade, shaking off any excess. Cook over direct heat for 5-6 minutes per side or until completely cooked throughout. Transfer to a plate, tent with foil and allow to rest for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the corn is cool enough to handle, stand each cob on its end on a chopping board. Using asharp knife, start at the top and cut downward with a gentle sawing motion, cutting the corn kernels from the cobs.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing. Add a pinch each of salt and black pepper and whisk to combine well. Add the charred corn, lettuce, chopped avocado and red onion and toss to coat in the dressing, then divide evenly amongst the tortilla bowls.
- Slice the chicken fillets and divide evenly over the tops of the salad bowls. Drizzle over any remaining dressing from the salad bowl, then finish each portion with a generous spoonful of the YR Spicy Habanero Relish and some fresh coriander.
Per serving 649kcals, 31.2g fat (6.5g saturated), 62.8g carbs (13.7g sugars), 30.6g protein, 9.9g fibre, 0.887g sodium
To learn all about how to host the perfect barbecue with YR sauces… click here.
Recipes and tips brought to you by