Salt and black pepper
4 tbsp olive oil
8 tbsp breadcrumbs
6 anchovies, from a jar
1 tbsp capers, from a jar
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Juice of ½ a lemon
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil over a high heat and cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-low heat. Add the breadcrumbs and toast slowly for 3-4 minutes until golden, stirring often. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over a medium-high heat and add the anchovies. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until they have dissolved completely. Add the capers and garlic and cook for one minute.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan and toss to coat in the oil. Squeeze over the lemon juice, then add a splash of cooking water to bind everything together into a smooth sauce. Season to taste.
- Divide amongst bowls and top with the crunchy crumbs.
Per Serving: 417kcals, 19.6g fat (3.2g saturated), 54.3g carbs (1g sugars), 19.7g protein, 0.7g fibre, 1.324g sodium
OPTIONAL EXTRAS: Add halved cherry tomatoes to the pan after the anchovies dissolve; add sliced black olives along with the capers; top the finished bowls with a handful of rocket; and/or serve with grated Parmesan.