2 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp dried oregano
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
Pinch of sugar
Salt and black pepper
Fresh basil, torn
- Squeeze the sausages out of their skins. Roll the meat from each sausage into three small meatballs; you should have 24 meatballs in total.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan and brown the sausage balls on all sides, working in batches to avoid crowding the pan. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, oregano and chilli flakes and cook for one minute, stirring. Add the tinned tomatoes along with the sugar and some salt and black pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the meatballs and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until they are completely cooked throughout, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions. Drain in a colander.
- Divide the spaghetti between serving plates and top each with six meatballs. Pour over the sauce, top with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Per Serving 421kcals, 16.7g fat (3.7g saturated), 52.9g carbs (5.4g sugars), 16.1g protein, 2.8g fibre, 0.265g sodium