Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the shortbread base:
For the lemon filling:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, use an electric beater to mix the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Add the flour and beat until the mixture starts to form a dough. Press the dough into a 25cm tart tin. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, using a hand blender to combine combine the eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and flour until smooth. Pour into the cooled crust.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the tart is set and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the tart from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Per serving: 368kcals, 16.1g fat (9.5g saturated), 51.8g carbs (30.5g sugars), 5.6g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.144g sodium
PicnicSweet thingsEasterMother’s DaySpecial OccasionsPastryAfternoon teaBakingFruit dessertsDinner partyVegetarian
Popular in Picnic
Mozzarella and prosciutto ciabatta sandwiches