Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the roll sponge:
For the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a 23 x 33cm baking tray with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to whisk together the eggs and sugar until thick and pale. Stir in the vanilla paste.
- Sieve in the flour and gently fold through until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and use a palette knife or a spatula to gently spread the mix into the corners. Bake for 10- 12 minutes or until spongy to the touch.
- Lay a large piece of baking paper slightly larger than the sponge on your work surface. Sprinkle on some icing sugar and invert the sponge onto the paper. Peel away the original baking paper and leave the sponge to cool slightly.
- For the filling, whisk the cream and vanilla in a bowl until it reaches soft peaks.
- Spread the jam over the cooled sponge. Spread over the cream in an even layer, reserving some for piping on top.
- Working from a long end, carefully roll up the Swiss roll. Use the parchment paper underneath to help roll the sponge quite tightly, making sure the filling stays inside. Roll the sponge off the parchment onto a serving plate or board.
- Spoon the remaining whipped cream into a piping bag with a star nozzle. Pipe swirls of cream along the top, then decorate with a line of raspberries and dust with icing sugar. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Per serving: 297kcals, 14g fat (8g saturated), 39.4g carbs, 24.1g sugars, 4.8g protein, 0.3g fibre, 0.043g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux