Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the meringue sponge:
For the passionfruit cream:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/ gas mark 4. Grease and line the bases and sides of two 22cm round springform tins.
- Beat butter, vanilla and 150g of caster sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Fold in half of the flours and half of the milk until combined, then fold in the other half. Evenly spread the mixture into the prepared tins.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining caster sugar, beating after each addition, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is thick and glossy. Spoon the meringue over the cake mixture in both tins, smoothing the surface evenly. Bake the cakes for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave the cakes to cool in the tins.
- To make the passionfruit cream, beat the cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. In a separate bowl, combine mascarpone, passionfruit curd, pulp and icing sugar, then fold into the whipped cream.
- Place the first meringue cake layer on a cake stand or plate, spread passionfruit cream on top, then drizzle with passionfruit pulp. Place the second meringue cake layer, meringue-side-up, on top and repeat. Just before serving, top with more passionfruit pulp and slices of fresh passionfruit.
Per serving: 565kcals, 31.4g fat (19.2g saturated), 65.6g carbs (52g sugars), 9.7g protein, 0.4g fibre, 0.178g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Meringue Frasier cake