10 pork sausages
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large fennel bulb, finely chopped, fronds reserved
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp fennel seeds
Pinch of chilli flakes
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
200ml chicken stock
Handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Remove the skins from the sausages and roughly chop the sausage meat.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the sausage meat until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the chopped fennel bulb to the same pan and cook for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, fennel seeds and chilli flakes and cook for two minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and stock and stir to combine, then return the browned sausage meat to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil over a high heat and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain well, reserving a little of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the pan and stir in the reserved fennel fronds. Add a splash of cooking water and stir to bring everything together. Scatter with some chopped fresh basil, to serve.
Per Serving: 413kcals, 15.1g fat (3.8g saturated), 52.9g carbs (2.8g sugars), 17.4g protein, 3.3g fibre, 0.462g sodium