2 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, washed, trimmed and chopped
Salt and black pepper
2 small salmon fillets
2 tbsp fresh basil pesto
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water until cool and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the leeks for 5-6 minutes until softened. Season with salt and plenty of black pepper. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Pat the salmon dry with kitchen paper and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over a medium-high heat. Add the salmon, skin side-down, and cook for 5-6 minutes. Carefully flip the fillets over and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a chopping board and flake with a fork, discarding the skin.
- Place the same pan back over a medium heat and add the pesto and cream. Stir together and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes. Add the cooked pasta, salmon and leeks. Stir everything together and allow to heat through. Divide between bowls and serve.
Per serving: 719kcals, 34g fat (8.2g saturated), 58.6g carbs, 1.9g sugars, 46.7g protein, 1g fibre, 0.212g sodium