For the topping:
100g butter or margarine
100g wholemeal flour
75g jumbo oats
30g sunflower seeds
50g mixed nuts, chopped
For the base:
700g mixed root vegetables, such as parsnips, sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrots, beetroots, celeriac and turnips, peeled and chopped
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
400ml vegetable stock
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine the ingredients for the topping and stir together so that the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Heat a little oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5-6 minutes until transparent.
- Add the chopped root vegetables and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tomatoes, stock and parsley. Season to taste.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- Transfer to an overproof dish and press the crumble topping evenly over the vegetables. Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
Per Serving: 509kcals, 33.1g fat (15.3g saturated), 49.4g carbs (10.9g sugars), 10.2g protein, 10.4g fibre, 0.585g sodium