Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the champ:
For the filling:
- For the champ, simmer the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender, then drain and return to the pan.
- In a jug, combine the milk with the spring onions. Heat in the microwave for one minute or until warm.
- Mash the potatoes with the butter, then stir in the warm milk mixture and the grated Cheddar. Season well and set aside.
- In a pot, cook the lentils according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the onions until soft and transparent.
- Stir in the chilli, garlic, thyme, tomatoes, kale, parsley and honey. Cook over a medium heat until the kale is soft, then stir in the cooked lentils and season to taste.
- Remove to a large baking dish and top with the champ. Use the tines of a fork to create ridges in the potatoes and dot with small pieces of butter. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden on top.
Per serving: 323kcals, 11.4g fat (3.5g saturated), 45.5g carbs (8g sugars), 12.3g protein, 12.9g fibre, 0.102g sodium
Gluten-freeIrishDinnerFreezer-friendlyDinnerMeat-freeCholesterol-friendly recipesLow-fatKidsFamily mealsCuisinesFree-fromBudget mealsComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Gluten-free
Easy fried chicken and asian slaw