Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6 and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, half of the paprika and half of the chilli powder in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss with a few dashes of chipotle hot sauce and half of the oil. Spread them out on the tray in an even layer and roast for 25 minutes until charred and tender.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pot or casserole dish over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, red pepper, jalapeño, cumin, oregano and the remaining chilli powder and paprika. Cook for five minutes until the onions and peppers are soft.
- Stir in the tomatoes and water and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the black beans, sweetcorn and sweet potatoes. Add more water if the mixture is too thick. Simmer for 15 minutes until heated through. Season to taste and serve with freshly mashed avocado, coriander, lime wedges and tortilla chips.
Secret ingredient! The cocoa powder in this chilli adds an extra depth of flavour. If you don’t have cocoa powder, ground coffee will do the trick!
Per Serving: 580kcals, 6.2g fat (1.1g saturated), 97.4g carbs (8.6g sugars), 25.25g protein, 23.9g fibre, 0.047g sodium