Beef drippings, in the roasting tin
950ml red wine
1.9l hot beef stock
2 tsp cornflour, mixed with 3 tsp water to form a paste
2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Salt and black pepper
- While the beef is resting, place the roasting tin with its drippings on top of the hob over two burners set on a high heat. Skim off any excess fat with a spoon.
- Add the wine to the drippings in the pan and bubble for 3-4 minutes until reduced, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the stock and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cornflour paste and whisk thoroughly into the sauce.
- Whisk in the thyme and any juices released from the resting beef. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the roast beef.
Per Serving 96kcals, 0.9g fat (0g saturated), 3.1g carbs, 0.6g sugars, 4.5g protein, 0g fibre, 0.545g sodium
Serve this with the roast beef and herby horseradish crust