1 tbsp olive oil
500g beef mince
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp dried basil
Salt and black pepper
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
140g tomato purée
2 large handfuls of spinach, roughly chopped
500g spinach and Ricotta ravioli
200g Mozzarella, grated
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the mince and cook for 6-8 minutes, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon. Drain away any fat.
- Add the onion, pepper, garlic, basil and some salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the tomatoes and tomato purée and stir to combine. Lower the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste.
- Stir in the spinach to wilt. Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread one third of the meat sauce into a large baking dish. Scatter one third of the Mozzarella on top of the sauce. Cover this with half of the uncooked ravioli. Repeat the layers with another third of the meat sauce, another third of the cheese and the remaining ravioli. Finish with the remaining the sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes, then slice and serve with a salad.
Per serving: 502kcals, 19g fat (8.7g saturated), 43.9g carbs (10.2g sugars), 40.2g protein, 6.7g fibre, 0.541g sodium