For the cupcakes:
80g unsalted butter, softened
280g caster sugar
240g self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g frozen raspberries
For the coulis:
200g frozen raspberries
1 tbsp caster sugar
For the buttercream:
400g icing sugar
200g unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g cream cheese
Shortbread biscuits, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together all the dry ingredients. Add the butter and beat to form a sandy texture.
- In a jug, whisk together the milk and eggs. Slowly stream this into the butter mixture to form a smooth batter. Fold in the frozen raspberries, then spoon into the lined cupcake tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat together the icing sugar, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- For the coulis, place the raspberries and sugar in a saucepan. Allow the fruit to get soft and syrupy over a medium heat. Pass through a sieve into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle. Add a swirl of buttercream to the top of each cupcake.
- To decorate, drizzle the coulis over the tops of the cupcakes, then sprinkle on some crushed shortbread biscuits and top with some fresh raspberries.
Per serving: 539kcals, 23.5g fat (14.5g saturated), 80.4g carbs (63.5g sugars), 4.7g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.282g sodium