Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pappardelle and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan over a medium-low heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly golden. Add the sage to the pan and let it sizzle for a few seconds, then turn off the heat. Squeeze the lemon juice into the pan, season with black pepper and swirl to combine, then remove from the heat.
3. Drain the pasta, reserving about 60ml of the cooking liquid.
4. Return the pasta to its pot and place it on the stove over a medium-low heat. Pour the reserved cooking liquid over the pasta, then pour the sage brown butter over the top. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly, until the sauce nicely coats all of the pasta.
5. Divide between serving bowls and top each one with freshly grated Parmesan, cracked black pepper and salt. Serve immediately with a simple rocket salad.