1 tbsp oil
1 x 380g pack of Inisvale Organic Irish Beef Steak Mince
1 onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp tomato purée
300ml beef stock
1 x 400g tin of Freshona chopped tomatoes
1 x 400g tin of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium-high heat. Add the mince and onions. Cook for five minutes, breaking up the beef into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are soft. Drain off any excess fat from the pot.
- Add the red pepper, garlic, chilli powder, paprika and cumin. Stir to combine and cook for another five minutes.
- Stir in the tomato purée. Pour in the beef stock and the tin of chopped tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to a simmer. Continue simmering for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick.
- Stir in the kidney beans and cook for 10 minutes until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot on a bed of rice.
Per Serving 409kcals, 7.7g fat (2g saturated), 49.6g carbs (5.7g sugars), 36.4g protein, 12.8g fibre, 0.224g sodium
Recipe courtesy of LIDL Ireland