Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium-high heat. Add the mince and onions. Cook for five minutes, breaking up the beef into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are soft. Drain off any excess fat from the pot.
- Add the red pepper, garlic, chilli powder, paprika and cumin. Stir to combine and cook for another five minutes.
- Stir in the tomato purée. Pour in the beef stock and the tin of chopped tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to a simmer. Continue simmering for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick.
- Stir in the kidney beans and cook for 10 minutes until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot on a bed of rice.
Per Serving 409kcals, 7.7g fat (2g saturated), 49.6g carbs (5.7g sugars), 36.4g protein, 12.8g fibre, 0.224g sodium
Recipe courtesy of LIDL Ireland
BeefDinnerFreezer-friendlyDiabetic-friendlyLow-fatOne-potMexicanFamily mealsCuisinesBudget mealsComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Beef
Steak with greens & celeriac mash