175g butter, plus extra for greasing
175g golden caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
½ tsp cinnamon
3 apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Grease and line the base of a 900g loaf tin.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sieve in the flour and cinnamon. Gently stir in the apple chunks, then transfer the batter to the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a wire rack to finish to cooling.
- Dust with icing sugar, then slice and serve.
Per serving:327kcals, 15.8g fat (9.4g saturated), 44.1g carbs (24.6g sugars), 4.3g protein, 2.3g fibre, 0.12g sodium